what is transform :20 (t20)
For the first time, Beachbody and Shaun T have created a step program that’s nothing like old-school step aerobics. Less dance and more functional, this program will help you sculpt your glutes, chisel your abs, strengthen and define your upper body, and burn fat all over.
It’s hard, but that’s why it works. BONUS! You can do it all from your living room!
Shaun T also created weekly behind-the-scenes videos featuring him and the cast as they discuss their own challenges, with the goal of motivating everyone to stay committed and strong.
The best part is you’ll be doing the program with new workouts every day. No repeats, no excuses. There is also a tried and true nutrition program to accompany your fitness…this is everyone getting to WORK and getting it DONE, together.
The program also comes with an easy to follow nutrition plan for you!
what you need to complete transform :20
- A small space in your home, garage, gym…I’ve even done these workouts in a big closet!
- Shakeology – this is a MUST in my book, and not because I want you to buy something, but because I believe in it 100% and I guarantee it will make a huge difference in your results. You can cancel at any time and we offer a 30-day refund if you don’t like it…you can drink as much of the bag/box in that 30 days to try it out, and will still get your money back so long as you return it within the 30 days.
- Performance Line: ENERGIZE pre-workout & RECOVER post-workout formulas…my body thanks me for using these formulas! Bonus, our RECOVER now also comes in a VEGAN! Check this out for more information!
- Access to a smartphone, TV, tablet, computer, or device that will allow you to stream/download our workouts. All of our workouts are completed with Beachbody On Demand (BOD) (this is like a Netflix for workouts, with thousands available with your membership).
- (OPTIONAL) Step – While not required (there is a modifier cast member in every workout video who completes each workout without a step), and step will, well, cause you to STEP UP. You can use your own step, or any available step in a gym (if you are working out in a a gym), or purchase one from Beachbody.
If you are interested in bundling any of the above items for a cheaper price, check out our most popular Transform :20 Packages (these include membership to BOD, program materials, and various other items by package).
Transform :20 comes with a nutrition plan for you to follow. It is based on the portion control container system, but can be completed without the actual containers.
Nutrition isn’t half the battle, it IS the battle when it comes to SEEING and FEELING results. Trust me. I’ve done it all the ways.
I did 2B Mindset during my first round of this program, and felt great (with great results), but I really honed in on my nutrition with the Ultimate Portion Fix during my second round of Transform :20, and it SHOWED.
20 minutes a day. That is it. No, you do not need to double up with another program, or do multiple T20 workouts in one day – if you follow the program, follow a good nutrition plan, and actually show up for the 20 minutes, you will see GREAT results.
(**note: I did NOT do any other workouts during either of the rounds I did – my results are below**)
There are 6 workouts scheduled for every week with one rest day, and you have 6 weeks, with a different recorded workout each time!
The workouts are generally full body workouts, have different emphasis’ depending on the day, and can be done with or without the step. I did the program both ways, and can honestly say there are some moves that are easier with the step, and others that are more challenging – so either way, you’ll get a great workout!
Each workout also has three “Transformers.” These are three 60 second moves, where you try to get as many reps as you can. You will track your progress in these Transformers from week to week – the three Transformers every Monday are the same, the three Transformers every Tuesday are the same, etc. etc.
BONUS: If you buy a Challenge Pack (see above), you will get a white board tracker so you can track all your progress there! You can also print this tracker off line and keep track for yourself there too!
I was a bit skeptical when getting started with this program because (1) its only 20 minutes – is that really enough?; (2) no weights? Am I going to loose all my muscle? and (3) Shaun T is admittedly not my favorite.
In order of the above: (1) It is a CHALLENGING 20 minutes, and I am pretty sure my results speak for themselves. I’m actually doing the program a third time through because I love how quick it is. There are no excuses not to get it done…everyone has 20 minutes! (2) See results. NOPE! There is so much body weight work, I continued building lean muscle! (3) I generally mute him, toss my own tunes on, and GO!
As with any program, self care is a HUGE part of seeing progress. You can’t expect to empty the tank with challenging workouts, and not refill it with adequate sleep, hydration, nutrition, and mindfulness!
I got EXTRA diligent about my self care during the second round I did of this program and nit showed. Commit to one hour a day that is ALL yours. You’re worth it!
Find yourself an accountability partner or group, if for no other reason than to talk about how surprised you are that 20 minutes a day are giving you the results you want!
6 weeks is manageable to do on your own, BUT, it is always more fun with friends!
Interested in getting some extra accountability to complete this program? Just complete the form below under “Interested!” and let’s chat some more!
I didn’t think I would, but man do I love this program! Give it a try! I promise you will too!
From left to right, January, March and April. In total, about 8 pounds and about 6 more inches released, officially hitting my leanest. Ever.
Turns out leaning in and LEARNING resulted in my best self yet…and not just on the outside! ON THE INSIDE! But, I wasn’t the only one with great results!
BONUS – FREE Transform:20 workout
Try a Transform: 20 workout for free! Just fill out the below information and I will email you the workout!