Drinking some extra #selfcare today!
I’ve been battling some pretty intense allergies/congestion this week. I’ve still been working out (because endorphins and sweat release is a real thing), but a lot of my workouts have been modified.
Even with modifications, my body is feeling extra sore.
So, I have taken my self care to the next level with:
- daily sauna
- epsom salt bathes
- foam rolling
- good nutrition
- 8-10 hours of sleep
- + this stuff: Beachbody’s new Vegan Recover.
what is recover?
When you’re too sore from your workouts, it’s that much harder to stick with your program consistently. But when you reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and improve muscle strength recovery, you can come back from your workout faster—and you can hit the next one that much harder.
Faster recovery helps you get back to working out, and that’s why you must take in the proper nutrients after every workout. The 20g of pea protein and phytonutrients in Plant-Based Recover help you take advantage of that critical post-workout opportunity to help reduce muscle breakdown, support muscle protein synthesis, fight exercise-induced muscle soreness, and jump-start your body’s natural rebuilding process so you can come back stronger tomorrow. And our plant-based formula is perfect for vegans!*
The key ingredients in Plant-Based Recover post-workout formula are scientifically shown to help:*
- Speed muscle recovery
- Combat exercise-induced muscle soreness
- Reduce muscle breakdown
- Promote muscle protein synthesis
- Improve adaptation to exercise
- Improve muscle strength recovery
- Support muscle glycogen recovery
why is Plant-Based Recover better than other post-workout products?
- Plant-Based Recover uses key ingredients scientifically shown to help speed muscle recovery, reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, promote lean-muscle growth, and improve muscle strength recovery. It delivers all 9 essential amino acids and provides your muscles with an important supply of nutrients when your workout is over, to help boost your recovery to get you ready to crush your next workout.
- Recover contains functional ingredients that have been scientifically shown to work.
- Key ingredients are included at their clinically established effective levels.
- No synthetic colors, and no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
key ingredients in vegan recover
how to use beachbody recover
mix with water (or a milk option of your choice – I like almond milk!) according to the label’s instructions and consume within 30 minutes of your workout.
a word on supplements…
Now listen, I know a lot of you stop reading when I start talking about supplements. I get it.
And to be clear, a supplement should be just that: something to SUPPLEMENT a whole foods, plant based diet.
But when your supplement is plant based (this is NEW for this particular product), includes 20 grams of plant based time-released protein, has an ideal 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, and valine (BCAA’s), pomegranate extract, and has no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, or fillers, you can feel good about using it to help the soreness dissipate and muscle recovery/development.
If you steer clear of “supplements,” – great; but, know there are more natural options for relief and recovery when your body could use some extra self care.
If you are a seasoned supplement consumer, educate yourself on the ingredients you’re consuming, and where those ingredients are coming from. Not all supplements are created equal.